Thursday 28 January 2010

The Great Freebie Room Challenge Part 1

STOP! FREEBIE Time!

Freebies! Love em or hate em they are no new thing to SL and are always the topic of much heated debate. Personally, I love a good freebie and cannot thank the generosity of the designers enough. PLUS through hunts and blogs I have found some of the most amazing places that I go back to time and time again. What I DO NOT like is when I see people grabbing up freebies for the sake of it. You know who I mean, the ones you spot who you know are only taking something because its free rather than because they want it. Saying that, they may wewll go back to buy stuffs at some point so yeah...... ANYWAY! This isn't going to be another of those discussions.

I spend alot of $ lindens in SL. I am blessed with an awesome SL job that pays me comfortably and a great RL job that lets me buy in some sl cash to play with. I am by no means flush but I am happy to spend a little bit of RL money buying things for the lil virtual me who is named Nimue. I digress.

So anyway, there I was sitting on my gorgeous bubble chairs (freebie) oggling my new MMG desk (I paid for mine cos I couldnt wait but both colours are in her lucky board for the patient folks) in my sl home that it occured to me. I had created a slhome I adore with the help of alot of linden dollars and some amazingly generous freebies, group gifts n dollarbies.
"Would it be possible" I mused "to create a home you love without spending lots of lindens? Just the odd dollar here n there?"

As I sat n pondered, SLfate intervened and I received a group notice from Magic Nook (<3)>


Room 1 - STUDY TIMECREDITS! Gorgeous lil sky room/box from the ever talented Drobak. Its sooooooooooo cute and mod and low prim and well made and IS FREE on his lucky board! Desk and accessories by Ayumi Cassini of Magic Nook (group gift) SO AWESOME, 37 prims of books n pencils and lovely stuffs. Lamp is one of the beautiful free lamps by the lovely Jordan Giant. Map of Old Nautilus City by Katati Noel (Just one of the many lovely things she makes and is FREE) and finally the stunning and well loved Y's christmas group gift that is still in her store.

There arent really any rules but I guess the ones I stuck too were items had to be available NOW! (or at least were when I posted this) and cost no more than $1. Items you have made are allowed but I am guessing to keep them at a minimum to be fair. <3>

No comments: