Saturday 16 January 2010

Home is where the SLHeart is

Aha so, I just got into this whole idea of blogging and blew off the cobwebs from my flickr page after getting a yearning for a home of my own in SL. Its no secret that I am a notorious gamer geek chicka and a constant amusement to my hubs for my love of creating homes in virtual worlds. In fact my only real beef with WoW is "WHY AINT WE GOT HOMES YET BLIZZARD"! *shakes fist at them*!

AHEM, anyhoo, so fortunately SL is a place where a gorgeous home can be created and OMGS the options are endless. After endless blog n SL trawling I finally decieded on the gorgeous from y's BUT I swear I am still hankering for one of Jordan Giants stunning homes, Oh and that Studio in itutu, as well as Turnips Tea House or that church or a cute sky box and pigeon coop from Molto Bene or or or orrrrrrr that especially cute studio from reek, OH and that lovely sky box at Rucott and not forgetting picnic's new building they JUST RELEASED ARGH SEEEEEEEE what a hard time I had choosing!

Choice made (for now) I set about the fun part of decorating. In RL my home is lots of white, ethnic wooden furniture, big blue cord sofas and loads of interesting knick knacks from our various travels around the world n days spent at craft fairs, festivals and antique shows. I guess its like a shabby chic meets retro vintage rock n roll n hippiness. I wanted my SL home to kinda reflect that without being a carbon copy.






This was my original version, since then it is going through various metamorphoses in a few short weeks cos as soon as I get happy with it I spot something new! But that is half the fun I think. More pictures can be found HERE !

No comments: